St. Simeon’s Church is located on Lachute’s Rue Principale. It was built in 1947 replacing the original building, which had been demolished earlier that year. The facility includes a church hall, a fully equipped kitchen, and a vestry, which also serves as an office. Heat is provided by a gas fired re-circulating warm air system, which is controlled by a programmable thermostat. Our maintenance program, with the assistance of a part-time caretaker and volunteers, ensures that the building and grounds are in good repair.
St. Simeon's does provide a rectory which is located on Meikle Street. It is maintained by the Corporation of the Parish.
A new Allan Organ was purchased and installed in 1992 and a public address system was added in the mid 90’s. The church comfortably seats 120 people.
Vision for the Future
The future for St. Simeon’s is very positive. Church attendance has been steady during the past few years and there is potential for growth. The finances remain stable. We are instituting a five-year plan for maintenance at the church and at the rectory. Major expenses in this area are within budget allocations over the next several years.
St. Simeon’s enjoys the benefits of having a significant number of very active members who contribute to the church in a variety of ways and who are committed to the spiritual growth of our Church community.
Painting by Don Tidman